Leave the world of work for a rewarding and fun day
in our gardens!
Thrive has been running its popular corporate volunteering days for years and the feedback reflects how enjoyable they are!
It is so rewarding and fulfilling to help play a part in making a positive difference to the lives of people living with disabilities or ill health. To find out more or book a day, please email email@example.com or call on 0118 988 5688.
Getting stuck in and making a difference at Thrive
• CSR days are a great way to show how your organisation plays a positive, responsible and active part in helping people within your local community
• A day at Thrive offers your employees an opportunity to discover how to work cooperatively in a different setting – it helps them build new relationships and understandings. And of course, the results can be shared publicly and can give you press coverage in local or trade media
• We make your day fun! You get stuck in to varied and practical outdoor seasonal tasks such as: digging, weeding, planting, strimming, mending fences, cutting back foliage, painting, watering or sorting out sheds
• No previous experience is required. The groups are supervised and full health and safety briefings are given. We make sure there are tasks for everyone - whether they would like to do 'tough’ stuff like clearing ponds or cleaning greenhouses, or more gentle work such as weeding or sorting pots
• The work our visiting groups carry out makes an enormous difference to Thrive. There are always regular maintenance tasks that are too complex or too time-consuming for our client gardeners to do, and from time to time we have major clearance or improvement projects.
Where we operate
|Trunkwell Gardens, Beech Hill, just south of Reading, set in a beautiful three acre Victorian walled garden with an orchard and allotment area. ||Battersea Park in London - where we look after The Herb Garden, The Old English Garden, The Winter Garden and our Main Garden on East Carriage Drive. |
|King's Heath Park, Birmingham, is situated right in the heart of this vibrant city. We work in the former TV gardens within the park (once used by Gardeners World). |
| || || |
Covering our costsWe appreciate that taking staff away from their normal job is a 'cost’ to your company but we also have to pay charity staff to prepare for and supervise these days to ensure that everything is carried out safely and your employees are well looked after. For this reason we make a charge. Further details can be provided upon request.
We have welcomed lots of groups from a wide range of organisations including Barclays, RBS, Virgin Media, Vodafone, BG Group, Waitrose, Symantec, Veritas, Skanska, Ecorys, Talk Talk, Brewin Dolphin, Visa, William Grant & Sons, Sage and Morgan Stanley.
We are always keen to build ongoing relationships – we have active partnerships with several organisations who have got to know us by coming for a day and enjoyed it so much that they have gone on to run regular fundraising activities and sponsored particular programmes. They have become part of the Thrive family!
What some of our corporate volunteers have said ...